october 17, 2013 prezi presentation to phi beta kappa
life-long design in print & news
- MaineBiz – Unforgettable Designs
- Bangor Daily News – Being 60 has a lot in common with being 20
- Portland Press Herald – He’s Building On Experience
- Granite State Report – Living in a Nursing Home, Lessons Learned, by Evan Carroll
- Maine Home & Design – Home at Any Age
- WMTW Channel 8 News – Architect Moves into Nursing Home
- Senior News – Beach Day Reflections – Nov 2011, by Evan Carroll
- Journalator – Portland, Maine, Architect Goes Native in Veterans’ Nursing Home
- Scarborough Leader – Architect Learns Nursing Home Ropes
- University of New England – COM’s Learning by Living Nursing Home Immersion Program
life-long design related projects
- Bedside Manor East – Sixteen bed new construction Alzheimer Care Home.
- Westminster Home – Six bed new construction group home for adults with special needs.
- River Ranch Approach – Aging-in-place home renovation
- Hillside House – Retirement home
- Orchard House – Aging-in-place home
- Fellowship Gardens – Nursing Home with Green House model
life-long design speaking engagements
- Phi Beta Kappa, Maine Chapter – Presentation entitled The Aging of Mainers & Their Buildings: October 17, 2013.
- National Association for State Veterans Homes Conference, Albuquerque, New Mexico – “Design From Within: A Person Directed Approach to Building and Renovating Communities.” Evan Carroll co-presenting with Maureen Carland and Deb Fournier: July 13, 2012.
- UNE 22nd Annual Maine Geriatrics Conference – “Learning by Living: A Social Worker Student’s and Architect’s Experiences.” Evan Carroll co-presenting with Dr. Marilyn Gugliucci and Kara Janes: June 8, 2012
- LeadingAge Maine & New Hampshire, 2012 Conference – “Design From Within: A Person Directed Approach to Building and Renovating Communities.” Evan Carroll co-presenting with Maureen Carland and Deb Fournier: May 16, 2012
- Association for Gerontology in Higher Education, Annual Meeting & Educational Leadership Conference – Learning by Living: An Architect’s Aging Environmental Design Lessons from Living the Life of an Older Adult Nursing Home Resident – Co-presenting with Marilyn Gugliucci – February 26, 2012
- UMA-ARC Fall 2011 Lecture – December 15, 2011
- New Hampshire LANE Meeting – November 16, 2011 – Audio Recording
- Maine LANE/MCCC Meeting – Co-presented with Marilyn Gugliucci – November 7, 2011